Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Sponsored by: http://www.PodcastProdigy.com
Today, I speak with Dale Partridge, the creator of multiple multi-million dollar businesses including Sevenly, a clothing and design company that donates $7 of every purchase to charity.
In our conversation, we cover:
– How shifting his mindset from making lots of money to helping people lead Dale to creating $10 million in revenue, being featured on the covers of magazines, and traveling the world
– Dale’s golden rule for layoffs and why it’s crucial that we humanize the process
– The 4 eras most companies go through – including deception – and how to break the cycle so your company remains in the honest era for good
– Why more companies need to create a better version of capitalism that values people over profits (they’ll end up making more money in the long-run)
– How to develop effective leadership skills and have the courage to champion the causes you believe in
– Dale’s fear-fighting exercise…make a list of plan B options and build a safety net for yourself
…and a bit more about why, as consumers, we need to evaluate the integrity of the companies we support so we can shut down the deceitful ones and elevate the honest ones.
As always, please me know what you thought about this episode by pinging me on Twitter.com/RachelRofe or Facebook.com/RachelRofe. :)
Links and Resources Mentioned:
People Over Profit: Break the System, Live with Purpose, Be More Successful – Dale’s book about how to create an effective company
Pinterest – Dale’s Pinterest account
Twitter – Dale’s Twitter profile
Jim Van Eerden – the chairman of Sevenly
Sevenly.org – company that Dale founded to inspire positivity and change by donating a portion of its profits to a different nonprofit every week
Matthew Jacobson – a peer of Dale’s who blogs about marriage, parenting, church, and culture
Startup-Camp.com – Dale’s 12 month educational curriculum for aspiring entrepreneurs and bloggers who want to start their own businesses
The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts – book Dale mentions about how he rejuvenates himself
The Daily Positive – Dale’s site geared towards combating depressing and anxiety by spreading awareness of positive messages
DalePartridge.com – Dale’s website
PeopleOverProfit.com – website for Dale’s book
Instagram – Dale’s Instagram account
Facebook – Dale’s Facebook profile
Click here to download the transcript of today’s episode.
Did you like this?
Thank you for listening to this episode! If you enjoyed it, please feel free to share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I’d also be VERY grateful if you could rate, review, and subscribe to A Better Life on iTunes. Or, if you use Stitcher, you can leave a review right here.
That all helps a lot in ranking this show and would be greatly appreciated. And if you have any comments or questions, leave a comment below!