Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Sponsored by: http://www.PodcastProdigy.com
In today’s episode, I speak with the incredible Michael Santos who gained control of his destiny while serving a 26-year prison sentence and returned to society with his dignity intact, ready to contribute and make the world a better place.
We talk about:
– How Michael made over a million dollars, earned 2 degrees, AND got married all while he was in prison
– Michael’s 3-pronged plan to educate himself, give back to society, and build a support network
– Why you don’t need to shell out tons of money on high-end coaching programs or big-name gurus…
– How to commit to living a value-based, goal-oriented life
– The importance of building a strong support network
– How you can overcome any challenge in your life as long as you have a disciplined plan
– Michael’s mindset approach to keep his spirits high, maintain his confidence, and hit the ground running
– Why we all can, and should, strive to pursue our passions and discover that piece in our lives that’s going to make us happiest
…and a bit more about how to set clear goals based on our values and take incremental action steps towards what we want to achieve.
As always, please me know how well you liked this episode by pinging me on Twitter.com/RachelRofe or Facebook.com/RachelRofe. :)
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison – book by Piper Kerman
Earning Freedom – Michael’s podcast
Earning Freedom: Conquering a 45-Year Prison Term – Michael’s book about how he transformed his life from inside prison
Success! The Straight A Guide – Michael’s book about identifying your values and setting clear goals
MichaelSantos.com – Michael’s website
iTunes – Michael’s podcast on iTunes
Email – Michael’s email address
Click here to download the transcript of today’s episode.
Did you like this?
Thank you for listening to this episode! If you enjoyed it, please feel free to share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I’d also be VERY grateful if you could rate, review, and subscribe to A Better Life on iTunes. Or, if you use Stitcher, you can leave a review right here.
That all helps a lot in ranking this show and would be greatly appreciated. And if you have any comments or questions, leave a comment below!