This is another installment of my monthly (or bi-monthly) brag posts, where I post about wins from the prior month.
I’m in a bit of a stressed out mood as I write this, and I know it’s going to be really nice to write this out and reflect on some good things. These are also awesome to look back on later on.
Here are the wins I can remember from January and February, in no particular order:
1. I’ve been helping my nephew learn the importance of a) saving up for what you want versus going for short-term pleasures and b) creating value to make money.
He really wants this truck so I’ve been “hiring” him to help me around the house. The picture here is from when he helped me clean my bathtub.
He’s young, but he took to it very well! He told me he was proud of himself and called himself the “Dirt Monster”.
Later on he went to my mom’s and said (completely unprompted) said, “Grandma, your house is dirty. You should let me clean it.” (Aka, “hire me!”)
I’m being careful to not go too extreme with it because I don’t want him to think money is everything. I show him other things too, like how to give back, and the importance of being a good person. Aaand, since schools don’t teach money management, I want him to have those skills. I also want him to learn how to be a contributing member of society.
2. My new book has finally been published! I’ve been working on and off of this since 2016 and kept letting life get in the way. I’m glad it’s finally out.
3. I just got a renter on my 2nd investment house and put in an offer for a third home. My realtor has been finding some slam dunk wins and it’s cool to be able to invest in a new passive stream.
4. We had some great meetings in the warehouse and finally implemented weekly meetings which I think are going to prove to be very helpful.
5. I’d been putting up with a situation for years that really wasn’t my responsibility or something I should have been allowing myself to get dragged down from. This year is my year of “Boundaries”, so I left the situation and am proud of myself for that.
6. I wrapped up another Holiday Jumpstart and think it went very well. I’ve been loving those.
7. We shipped out 20,000+ items at my warehouse in one day or less, on average, during this time period.
8. There were many great LHS results like these:
9. I’m doing well on my goal to retire at 40. I put another chunk of money into WealthFront, where I’m averaging pretty great returns for something passive – 38.99% money-weighted and 33.31% time-weighted for the moment.
I think that’s everything for now. Please feel free to “brag” as well!