Welcome to my newest list of brags for July and August 2020. I combined them as last month got away from me pretty quickly.
This (mostly) monthly post is meant to celebrate wins from previous months and I encourage you to share your wins too – I’d love to celebrate along with you. :)
Here are some of the wins from the past few months, in no particular order…
1. I’ve sent 6 people to Choice so far. The training helps with emotional intelligence, leadership, and overall being the best person you can be.
The transformations people have had from it have been MONUMENTAL to say the least.
My sister is a completely new person. She went from being angry and depressed to powerful, happy, and in control. Pre-Choice she’d leave 1 star reviews everywhere. Post-Choice she does things like write notes to sad-looking policemen to cheer them up. She’s lost a ton of weight, is getting along with her son SO much better, and has done a slew of other life-enhancing things.
My mom couldn’t figure out why she was working so much pre-Choice. She couldn’t stop herself from working 18-20 hour days. She’s only gone to Part 1 of Choice so far (it’s 3 parts), figured out why she was working so much, and hasn’t worked past 4:30pm one day. She’s also taking more vacations and enjoying her life.
Two managers at CustomHappy have gone to only one part so far and have a glow to them. I asked our 3rd production manager if he’s noticed a difference in them and he told me that they’re way more confident and upfront about issues.
One of my friends is ready to send her whole family and the last friend had an enormous breakthrough that she probably doesn’t want me to share but has completely shifted the way she looks at herself.
I want to send everyone I know to this training because it’s PHENOMENAL. (If you’re interested in it, let me know. It gets a bad rep online but the reality is, I don’t know one person who has gone – either via people I’ve sent or people who stayed through the training – that hasn’t had massive transformations. And it’s pretty reasonable too; $2400 for all 3 parts.)
2. One of my goals in the Choice leadership program is to help one million people in 100 days.
The work is still going on, but so far we’re at over 510,000 people supported. Here’s a video on how we’ve done it so far:
When you donate sometimes the teachers will write you little notes, then they’ll write notes again when they hit their goals. Here are some of the beautiful notes I’ve gotten back so far:
I even got a few emails from DonorsChoose directly which was nice:
3. One of my other leadership goals was a “self love” goal. I made a list of things that make me happy and I’ve been doing at least 3 per week.
It sounds odd, but this has actually been making a very big difference. I’m taking time to do things I wouldn’t normally; go to Target, take time to read a book, and even just consciously think about things that would bring me enjoyment.
4. I went on a great trip to Denver and saw so many good friends.
I was supposed to be in Vegas for Weekend #2 with Choice but because of COVID the meetings got moved to virtual.
Instead of staying in our houses, a few of us got together and watched the training together. We made it a fun event – one day we wore onesies, the next we wore wigs, and when we had pockets of time we did fun things like go to the Continental Divide, play games, etc.
After the weekend I went to go hang out with one of my best friends, Steph, at her beautiful house on the top of the mountains. We had a wonderful time spending time together – both with each other, with her partner Matt, and their housemates and kids. The last night I was there, we had a small dinner party.
Here’s a picture from that night:
5. I’ve signed on with an epic team from Australia to help publish Jumpstart. Everyone on the team is super kind and wonderful and we even have a sales team underneath us. The team is so revved up about the program that 5 of them bought it on their own.
6. I’ve been learning more about a protocol for Hashimoto’s (a thyroid issue I have) and have been implementing and feeling way better.
7. We recently had 2 video shoots for promoting Jumpstart. The videos overall went really great, and here’s a fun “behind the scenes” video from our second shoot:
9. My friend Gabriel (not nephew!) made me the absolute sweetest video that I’ve watched over and over again. I’m not sure if he wants me to post it but all I’ll say is I’ve watched it a ton of times and it makes me melt and feel so touched every single time. That’s a gift I’ll treasure forever.
10. And speaking of Gabriels, I had beautiful family time with nephew Gabey and my mom and sister. That sweet little boy is pure perfection and we always all have a beautiful time hanging out together.
11. People in Jumpstart are continuing to do beautifully, even during slower summer months. Here are some of the latest posts:
How’s your summer going? Any wins you’d love to share? I’d love to celebrate with you!