I used to publish monthly brag posts, where I’d look through the previous month and post about all the wins that happened.
It was a fun way to savor all the great things that happened. It’s very easy to jump into the next big thing, so I liked celebrating recent achievements and then having them to refer to at the end of each year.
I stopped posting in October 2015, which was right around the time I started a new fulfillment company. Life got very very hectic around then and I wasn’t online much.
In the last 2 years there have been some pretty big wins. I purchased a school with Pencils of Promise, have been running two 7-figure companies and one high-six figure, visited Indonesia, Thailand, and I can’t remember where else…. spoke on stage to thousands of people in London, lost 20 lbs, bought an investment house…. and…. see!? I forget!
So now, 2 years later, I’m resuming these posts.
Here are the big wins I can remember from last month:
1. On a plane ride to Boston, I put together an offer for a program I called Holiday Jumpstart. It was a higher end offer than I normally make ($2k) and a little outside of my comfort zone, but I felt confident in the value. Over 100 people signed up and I feel very excited about all the people we can help with this.
2. I went to Boston for an event with my mentor, Randy. It was fantastic and I learned a lot.
One big takeaway I got was that I needed to stop wasting time day trading, lol. I’d been having fun day trading on stocks and cryptocurrencies but it ended up becoming way too emotionally exhausting. I was talking to another attendee who had “been there done that” and as he put it – when you’re winning, you’re a genius and on top of the world. When you’re losing, you’re the biggest idiot on the planet.
Before I “retired”, I helped my mom invest in some stocks and cryptocurrency. As of this moment she’s +42% on stocks and +100% on cryptocurrency. I’m a bit more cautious with hers than mine. ;)
3. Don’s birthday was on the 11th and I did a good job making sure he had a great time. He’d treated me to an incredible birthday week over my birthday on Sept 25th and I had big shoes to fill. We did all kinds of things for his birthday (great dinners, massages, presents, etc) and I canceled a trip to New Orleans to spend more time with him before his big Asia trip which he was really happy about.
4. I finished up a little freebie course that I’ll be using as a lead-gen for LHS. I’m waiting for the sales letter to come back now.
5. Speaking of lead-gen for LHS, a webinar I ran for it sometime in 2017 was a “Top 100 marketing webinar of 2017” on GoToWebinar. Pretty cool!
6. On the warehouse business, we’ve had some big wins.
We have a potential $2.6m deal in the works, took on a pick-and-pack fulfillment client who was so happy that he sent our team a huge gift basket, and another client we’ve been making print-on-demand coasters for who sent this testimonial in:
To whom it may concern,
In July of this year, we found ourselves in a difficult production position when our sublimation facility had mechanical issues. We reached out to Sawgrass Inks who recommended Sean Comeaux of Custom Happy with accolades.
Over the last 3 months, we’ve found Custom Happy to be a joy to work with. Their attention to detail and commitment to quality are unmatched in the production world. Every PO has shipped on time or early and they’ve made communication a breeze. Not only did they help us out of a difficult situation, Sean and the team have continued to provide excellent customer service, a commitment to quality, fair pricing and quick turnaround time. Though they are a young company, we only foresee growth in their future and consider ourselves lucky to have them as production partners now.
VP Purchasing & Production
7. 133 more people purchased LHS in October.
8. This is mostly all passive income that was earned via Amazon last month:
9. I used to post about my social media followers on my brag posts. I am not sure if I’ll continue doing that too much as it’s not something I focus on anymore and it’s probably more of an ego metric, but I noticed that in October 2015 I had 89,000 followers across Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. I have 119,599 now.
10. This is clearly not in order of importance, because another big win is I flew back to PA and have been spending lots of time with my nephew! He’s one of my biggest sources of happiness in the world and I’ve been thrilled to spend time with him.
The picture here is from when we were on a hay ride visiting a pumpkin patch. We were going to get pumpkins to paint but he couldn’t find any small ones and definitely did NOT want a big one since that could “break the truck”. Cute boy. ;)
11. We posted a blog post on holiday trends that we’ve gotten some great feedback on.
So, that’s it for me I think – how about you? What were your October wins? :)