Sponsored by: http://www.PodcastProdigy.com
Welcome to part 1 of my conversation with Paul Sanders, which is all about how to start conversations, maintain them, and how to scale them into meaningful friendships.
We go over:
– The simplest way to start a conversation with a stranger no matter your situation or location
– How to take the theme of a networking event and turn it into a foolproof, easy ice breaker
– What to do to move forward from the initial meet-and-greet to discover common ground and build a friendship
– How to effectively manage your expectations at networking events and project a vibe of authenticity
– Paul’s expert trick for getting people to feel an instant connection to you
– Why you don’t need to be impressive or cool to have a great conversation (overcome the emotional hurdles that are holding you back!)
– How to use the 5% exercise to expand your comfort zone and make more connections
…plus an impromptu conversation between Paul and me showing you how to find common ground with the people you meet.
And stay tuned for part 2, which involves a more in depth look at developing the kinds of friendships you want.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Get the Friends You Want – Paul’s book
Meetup – a site on which like-minded people can get together to learn, do, and share new things
BuzzFeed – a site whose content you can reference during conversations
GetTheFriendsYouWant.com – Paul’s website
Did you like this?
Thank you for listening to this episode! If you enjoyed it, please feel free to share it using the social media buttons on this page.
I’d also be VERY grateful if you could rate, review, and subscribe to A Better Life on iTunes. Or, if you use Stitcher, you can leave a review right here.
That all helps a lot in ranking this show and would be greatly appreciated. And if you have any comments or questions, leave a comment below!