I’m thinking about taking my copywriting price per letter DOWN from $5k per letter to five letters a month at $997 or $1997 per letter.
I have a few reasons for this:
1. It only takes me 4-5 hours to write a 13+ page letter (and I get damn good conversions if I do say so myself. :)).
2. I’m cutting out all Internet Marketing letters. They don’t feel right to me. I’m completely set in this position, but I know it’ll dwindle my customer base.
3. I really don’t NEED to do copy… but I recently realized I love it. I love the psychology behind it, I love learning about new things, and I love getting into forums and really digging deep into people’s thoughts. Making the price more affordable allows me to write for more people.
(And I know I could make my own products, but I already have 30 or so spread out in different niches and if I’m going to seriously work on traffic gen, marketing, etc… I’d rather it be on yayFOOD.
And honestly, business development has gotten boring for me. It’s weird but I have no doubt I could easily run a multi-million dollar business if I cared enough… but I don’t.)
I guess I’m just not sure for a few reasons:
1. I wonder if the lower price makes me seem like a less stellar copywriter?
2. People in my masterminds have said that I’d be devaluing myself if I were to slash my prices when my conversion rates could/should justify even more?
I’d love to hear YOUR thoughts!