This blog post may contain affiliate links. If you click on these links and make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you. Please note that this blog is primarily for educational purposes and the content here is not intended to be a substitute for professional financial advice. Please review my disclaimer and terms here.
Another month, another brag post!
Peeps, brag with me! I love to celebrate along!
Here’s what I’m proud of from November, in no particular order:
1. My podcast was downloaded 18,233 times – not bad since I had no “New & Noteworthy” exposure (it only lasts for 8 weeks and went away in mid-October).
2. My new book, The 30 Minute Happiness Formula, went live in November. I am very proud of it! The sales haven’t been great, but the testimonials from people who bought it have been REALLY awesome. I think I need to re-brand the title and cover. :)
3. I won an affiliate contest by a landslide. In fact, I was winning by so much that the product creator offered to send a bonus to anyone who could beat me:
4. One of my favorite clients ever sent me this ridiculous testimonial (which I got permission to publish). She went through a Kindle training of mine last year and took the money she created to create her dream business. Here are the highlights:
“Hi Rachel! I’ve been keeping up with you thru your emails and am so glad you’re doing great and touching so many people’s lives! I know you’ve made a huge difference in mine!
I’ve been doing real well! My books were selling like crazy last year so I took the money and opened up a tutoring office in Wilmington.
I offer free reading screenings for kids as well as a free resource library for the community on learning disabilities. Parents and teachers can come check out books and videos that will help them understand LD’s and get their children the help they need.
The business has expanded rapidly. I now have 3 other tutors working there as well. I absolutely LOVE what I do! :-)
The books I have up are not selling as well as they did but I still get around $400/month completely passive so it’s still a huge blessing!
I want to thank you again for letting me be a part of the Kindle training. It’s because of you all this was made possible and I can’t be more thankful and appreciative!”
The full testimonial is here.
Ridiculous, right? That was a month-maker for sure.
5. I published another article on MindBodyGreen – 10 Tips To Improve Your Morning In 5 Minutes Or Less – and even though they didn’t promote this one, it still got well over 1k shares.
6. I volunteered at a homeless shelter and LOVED. IT. I’m signed up to come again next month. I adore volunteering, particularly at homeless shelters.
7. Speaking of giving back, Don and I are in the process of creating a nonprofit! We are going to be raising money and then funneling it into other nonprofits we strongly believe in. I’m ecstatic about it. :)
Not only was that an honor, but I was listed alongside the AMAZING Hal Elrod (who everyone knows I love – check out our podcast here), and Honoree Corder, is absolutely phenomenal (check out our podcast here).
9. I’ve been experimenting with Udemy for sales. (You can see my course listings here.) I had my highest earning month yet in November. Admittedly, it wasn’t bucketloads of money – it was $474.61 – but it’s a win, considering that’s extra income from a (mostly) “set it and forget it” source.
10. I got an idea for a new course I’ll be creating in December. It’s going to be AWESOME! I outlined everything, got PPT’s made up, and am simply ecstatic to put it into the world. :)
11. I went home for Thanksgiving and had a great time. I hadn’t seen my sweet nephew in a while and I am glad to report he still loves me! ;)
I don’t have much experience with kids, so I was nervous I’d do something “wrong”, but Gabriel and I got along great. He kept laughing when I was playing with him and kept asking to come sit on my lap. He is so sweet. ;)
Here’s a picture of him wearing a scarf I knitted for my sister:
It was nice to see the rest of my family too. :)
12. Don and I took an amazing trip to Cabo for a few days. It was very regenerating and exactly what we needed after the last few stressful months.
13. My spending went down in November. I have been consciously learning to budget more and not spend so mindlessly. I’m lucky to be able to bring in money pretty easily, but I haven’t been doing such an epic job of saving.
(Though to be fair, I do have an automatic savings account that saves $1200/month and a few investments.)
In August, I spent $13,526.30. In September, I spent $13,675.90. in October, $10,559.07. In November, it was $8881.45. That number includes all business expenses (where most of my money goes) and affiliate payments (since I haven’t created new products, they’re understandably not too high).
14. I’ve been cooking up a storm lately, making all kinds of delicious and healthy foods. I’m LOVING IT.
I think that’s everything for now. What were YOUR wins for November? Let me know!